Thursday, January 27, 2011

Waiting for the Snow to Melt

So while I wait for the snow to melt, or not, before I plant my early spring garden – target date March 19th!

Backyard - January 27, 2011
I really wanted to do it on St Patrick’s day but that’s a Thursday and I’m not planting in the dark – been there and done that! I have decided that I need to detox. So on Tuesday I started with some fruit, a seaweed salad and a juice: Spinach, carrot, apple and ginger. Yesterday more fruits, smoothies and peas and beans made up the day. Today it was smoothies, beans with buckwheat and hopefully something justa as good for dinner. Hopefully I can keep this up – I am looking to cut out caffeine, gluten, soy, added sugar & alcohol. The big toughies will be gluten and alcohol as I love my bread and wine. It's only for a few days this time, if it works it might be my Monday - Friday diet.

In order to help me along this journey I have purchased 2 raw uncook books:

The Complete Book of Raw Food, Second Edition: Healthy, Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine Made with Living Foods (The Complete Book of Raw Food Series) by Julie Rodwell (Editor), Victoria Boutenko (Contributor), Juliano Brotman (Contributor), Nomi Shannon (Contributor), Mary Rydman (Contributor)

AND
Raw Food for Everyone: Essential Techniques and 300 Simple-to-Sophisticated Recipes by Alissa Cohen (Author) & Leah J. Dubois (Author)







I haven’t gotten them yet but am looking forward to trying them out. As soon as I can leave the house, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment