Monday, March 14, 2011

Recipe of the Month: Sprout Pate

I know you have all be anxiously awaiting my next recipe, especially since I totally missed February. I know, bad - I was too busy celebrating the one year anniversary of From Sprouts to Supper, yee haw!!

I've been busy sprouting, yes, you read that right. How can we be From Sprouts to Supper without any sprouts! So in honor of our first year under the belt here's a sprouty recipe.

Sprout Pate

Ingredients

Organic Sunflower Sprouts, 1 cup*
Organic French Green Lentil Sprouts, 1 cup**
1/4 Red Onion - optional
Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon (I like to use organic lemons if I am zesting or juicing)
3 Carrots
Fresh Parlsey, 1/4 cup
Ginger - about a thumb tip size
Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar 2 capfuls
Salt, 1 tsp
Cabbage, 2 Leaves
Mushrooms, 4 - 6  (I used Baby Bellas)
Tahini or EFA*** oil blend, 1 - 2 tbsp

Directions

Put everything in the food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Great in salads or as a green leaf wrap filling. If you want to get adventurous put it in the dehydrator. I might do that tonight to see what kind of burger I get tomorrow!

*Soak organic raw sunflowers seeds for 8- 10 hours (I like to do it overnight) in a jar. Drain and put a cheesecloth over the mouth of the jar and secure with a rubberband. Rinse in the morning and the evening for about 5 days and you will have spicy lovely sunflowers seed sprouts. You will need to pick out the hulls every day as they can get a bit nasty if you leave them in.
**Soak organic whole lentils (split will not germinate!) for 10 hours or overnight. follow same instructions for sunflower greens. I noticed the hulls are not as much of an issue with the lentils
***EFA is an essential fatty acid oil blend of 8 parts hemp seed oil, 1 part flax oil and 1 part pumpkin seed oil. SO that comes to 1 cup of hemp seed oil and a tbsp of flax oil and a tbsp of pumpkin oil

No comments:

Post a Comment