Sunday, March 18, 2012

2012 Garden Plan

The garden plan for this year is a fairly simple one. Jared and I are splitting the four beds so I will have two and he will two. Since last weekend was beautiful here in NJ and we were without plans it was a great excuse to set up the garden. And no I haven't forgotten about the why we need the cold post it will be coming soon I promise!


So you want to know what I planted? Doesn't matter, I'm going to tell you anyway! Especially since I took notes in the pretty book that Mom H gave me for the holidays.



Here you go:


So what's under the containers are the more tender seeds and the flowers. The greens don't need to be protected. I've also planted a few things for the first time: broccoli, cabbage and celery. These are cool weather crops and can usually be planted in spring when the soil is workable. I'm wondering if it may be too warm for them? I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes up and I'm also looking forward to seeing more hummingbirds this summer - that's always a treat!

Kitty Update: Lola's doing much better, thanks for the well wishes. They think she might have IBD - I have a feeling it might be more FTWT (Fish Tank Water Tummy)

Old JC photo

No comments:

Post a Comment