Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Recipe of the Week - Salad

OK so this may look like a cop out but this salad was really good. We used purple carrots and a ginourmous cucumber from the CSA and a Roma and Lemon Boy tomato from the garden.


Chop everything up and place in a bowl.


For the dressing I made a tahini inspired one. I added apple cider vinegar, tahini, lime juice, cumin, garlic, tiny leeks, pumpkin seed oil and some cilantro. As far as the measurements for all well, I used about a 1/4 cup vinegar with 1.5 limes and had to add a little water because it was too sour so I would say just use one lime and a little less vinegar. I added about 2 -3 tablespoons of tahini a tablespoon of the pumpkin oil and a small bunch of cilantro.


 

2 comments:

  1. Nice Post! I've never seen a purple carrot before. Does it taste like a regular orange carrot?
    Great Salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Just like the orange carrots to me but with all the spices I need to add my taste buds are probably kind of off...

    ReplyDelete