Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy Veganniversary to Me! And Happy Birthday to the Blog!

It was around this time, Feb 25th to be exact, 2 years ago that from sprouts to supper was born. It was also a few days before I went vegan. I had no idea I was going to go animal free, I thought I was doing a spring cleanse for a few days. It ended up bringing me back to my veg days back in the 90's. I was a junk food vegetarian then. I thought you needed to have tons of protein, not true! So I ate tons of processed veg food, not cool! Now I know a lot better, and cook a lot healthier. Some of my favorite recipes have been posted to the blog.

Things like Butternut Squash Risotto, BirdSeed Pilaf and Ice Cream. Wow and I almost forgot the Kale Chips - oh so yummy!


So much has changed since then, we lost Pippin, we gained Luke. I left my International Affairs program to get into Health Coaching. I lost my mom and gained a ton of new friends. AND our garden is a lot better than it was 2 years ago.

I want to say a big THANKS! to all of you that read and enjoy my blog! Here's to another bunch of years! I'm off to celebrate now... Actually I'm off to soak beans for the local Chili Challenge I entered that's this weekend.

Hasta next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment