Monday, June 4, 2012

Back to health and wellness

OH MY GOODNESS, has it really been that long since I last posted?


Anyway... back to health and wellness

So every night for the last week or so I’ve been making the most amazing salads. I’ve been using the greens and herbs in the garden. Last night Jared asked me if all of the greens were ours and with the exception of 3 kale leaves they were! Tonight they will be all ours!

So what are the greens that are in my yummy salad, glad you asked:

Chard
Spinach
Collards
Oregano (or Marjoram not sure which one it is!)
Sage - I love this and it’s sooo healthy! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21452174 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15373716
Lemon Balm
Chives
Scallions

What do I add to it, glad you asked:

Beans (Adzuki, Black, Navy, Chickpeas, Cannellini, Kidney - anything you want!)
Hemp Seeds
Chia Seeds
Cucumber
Tomato
All Purpose or Italian Seasoning
Himalayan Pink Salt or Herbamare
Fresh ground Black Pepper

What’s the dressing, glad you asked:

Tahini
Flaxseed oil
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Lemon if we have any which we don’t right now
Water to thin if you like.

Enjoy!







And yeah those sprouts I grew myself too, glad you asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment